Why Choose DARE 2 TRAVEL CONSULTANTS for your Climbing Experience?
- We handle your climb as opposed to selling your booking to an anonymous sub-contractor giving you peace of mind when you book with us
- We take the safety of the clients as a primary objective. Safety equipment like oxygen bottles are carried on every climb, as well as first aid kits and multiple communication measures. All of our guides are trained in wilderness first aid practices by certified professional trainers and go through refresher courses once a year.
- Porter welfare is an important part of our staff policy. We strive to pay a good salary to all of our staff and ensure that our people have sleeping tents on all camping routes. Porter-age is the largest single cost element on mountain climbs and the temptation to reduce this cost always exists but at D2TC, we believe that responsible staff wages and conditions are critical for successful and safe expeditions for all.
- We will ensure that our equipment is the best for the mountain. We also ensure that all equipment is replaced in good time, to ensure the quality is maintained. We provide two-person tents of proven quality made by Mountain Hardware and specifically designed for mountain use. There is plenty of personal space, an ample luggage storage area, and a separate external flysheet.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in our separate mess tent with folding chairs and tables. We have professional and dedicated cooks who will prepare your food for entire climb; they are versatile and skilled despite the altitude and the cold. Kilimanjaro is a high-altitude and high-energy experience and as such it requires good and nutritious food. We use fresh ingredients, and provide food of the very highest standard.
- Note: It is recommended that clients bring their own high-energy sweets and snacks such as Power Bars, Glucose Snacks, Granola Bars etc, if they wish to supplement their diets.